Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Friday, June 26, 2015

Your Heart to Keep by Amanda Mackey...


Hi All,

It’s a privilege to be here! For those of you who don’t know me, I’ve been writing on and off for the last 16 years but have only become published in the last 2. It’s been an interesting road! Bumpy at times but rewarding as well!

I’ve always had a love of books and I’m an avid reader. I think it’s important to read as much as you can when you are a writer as it definitely helps hone and fine tune your writing style and skills.
I’m not impartial to writing any particular genre. Whatever comes to mind! I can’t control the stories that begin to come alive in my mind, nor can I control the times that I get an idea!

The characters and plot for my Instinctual series came to me while I was driving! Needless to say I pulled over on the side of the road, pen and paper in hand while I scribbled down a basic outline before I forgot!

Your Heart to Keep is my latest release and was very much a spur of the moment project. I had planned on writing a vampire romance but the story of Holly and Jax overpowered all else so it was a story I had to tell. It touches on the subject of organ donation and how there has been factual evidence that cells have memory and recipients of organs have awoken from surgery to crave foods and other things they never have before. Later, after doing research it has been proven that the things these people were craving were actually the donor’s likes or dislikes. In the case of Holly and Jax, Holly receives Jax’s dead girlfriend’s heart and is confused when she finds that very same heart still carries feelings for Jax.

I live in Australia with my family and when I’m not indoors writing or reading, I like to spend time outdoors, enjoying our beaches or driving to the country.

Also an animal lover, I’m currently sponsoring a tiger named Kamrita. The money helps keep her safe from poachers and goes a long way towards food and health care.

It was nice to meet you all and to tell you a little about myself! 

Happy reading!! J

Excerpt:

I squeezed a handful of her hair, kissing her head. “Don’t do this Chloe. Don’t do this, baby. I know you can hear me. Just focus on my voice. I love you madly. Always and forever. Just like we agreed.” I wiped my dripping nose on my arm, sniffing and blubbering like a girl but I didn’t give a damn. I’d drop anyone who had the nerve to utter any macho bullshit like ‘Keep it together, Bro.’ or ‘Come on. Don’t cry.” I kept her inside the car. Even with smashed windows and icy air from outside having filled up the interior, I figured at least it was shelter. As long as the engine didn’t catch fire, I’d stay put. There was no smell of gasoline so at least that was one small mercy.  The ambulance or ambulances arrived, since it sounded like more than one. Turning off the piercing shrill of their sirens, men jumped out, appearing at the upside down windows of the car. “We’re gonna get you out, okay?” My teeth kept rattling. “H…hu…hurry!” Both doors on each side of the car were being pulled. Chloe’s wouldn’t open as it was too crumpled but mine managed to open half way.  “Are you able to climb out?” One of the officers asked. “I’m not leaving her.”  “Sir, you’re going to have to exit the vehicle first so we can get to your girlfriend. She looks pretty banged up there. The sooner we can get her in the ambulance, the better.”
I was rocking again not wanting to feel the absence of her. Some innate part of me knew that when I let her go it would be forever.  




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best wishes,
~Jennifer Labelle~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me on your blog Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.