Title: The Secret Life of Richard McCoy
Release date: July 2014
Author: Karen Kennedy Samoranos
Genre: Erotic Romance/Suspense
Blurb: Sally Eldridge was confident, savvy and competitive, excelling in the male-dominated field of Grand Prix sport bike racing until a life-shattering accident severely damaged her body and psyche. Twenty-seven years of marriage to Richard McCoy served as a buffer from life's uncertainty. Over time, she surrendered self-reliance to Richard's control.
Life changes abruptly when Richard dies while on a business trip. Overwhelmed by the devastating loss, Sally is forced to relearn skills she relinquished during marriage to a willful man. She initially accepts Richard's death until shocking details emerge that upend the last thirty years. She uncovers his covert life of sexual affairs, illegitimate children, and hidden assets wrapped up in an obscure corporation. Her investigation exposes her to one man desperate enough to kill her, and another who has been in love with Sally for a decade.
To take control of her future, Sally must expose every truth, even if it means risking her life in the process.
1. How long have you been an author? I self-pubbed in 2003, and became professionally published in 2011, though I have been making up places, people, and situations in countless notebooks and computer files most of my life.
2. What is your favourite genre? Adult fiction, with my favorite authors being Louise Erdrich, David Guterson, and Rosamund Pilcher.
3. If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend they start with and why? Road Apples -- it's a love story written in first person from the POV of the female MC, a very courageous young woman with strong family values. I believe wholeheartedly in Road Apples as the ultimate love story and exploration into that spiritual part in us all.
4. What is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process? I simply cannot make my way through the writing of a novel without the direct assistance of my characters. I often feel as though the story unfolds as I make the journey. I often never know what's going to happen, and I'm as surprised at what occurs as I hope the reader will be.
5. Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress? Currently working on 1. an elder woman having an affair with a much younger man; 2. a young woman's experience with first love while her estranged father is dying of cancer; and 3. an Erotica writer with real-life hang-ups meets her match with a kinky small-town cop.
6. Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. I enjoy hobbies such as riding motorcycles (dirt and street) and fishing. If I had a choice between an all-expense paid vacation in a Las Vegas luxury hotel, or tent camping in a rural area, I'd definitely opt for the dusty campsite.
7. Name your top three writing goals? Finishing my current WIPs; selling them to a publishing house either directly or by signing with a literary agent; and earning a supplemental income from my craft.
Fun Questions -
1. If you had a warning label, what would it say? Caution -- Blunt and Volatile regarding Women's Rights and Marriage Equality
2. If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do? Kate McLain Sumner, my alter-ego in several of my published books (Road Apples, Big Lies in Small Town, and Red Rock North). I would probably be too awestruck to talk to Kate, though she's down to earth.
3. What is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done? Make whoopee in an open boat in the middle of a mountain lake populated with weekend fishermen. Of course, no one can actually see what you're doing beneath the semi-shade of a canvas boat top...or so you believe.
4. Finally, can you give us your contact links?
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=+karen+kennedy+samoranos&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3A+karen+kennedy+samoranos
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Karen-Kennedy-Samoranos/264083540297443
CONTEST GIVEAWAY: I'm giving away one e-book (PDF) copy of The Secret Life of Richard McCoy, to a random pick among the pool of readers who leave commentary on Labelle Books guest blog. Winner to be determined by Rafflecopter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway