- 1. How long have you been an author? First self publication was May of 2013 and before that I would conceptualizes and edit story development with original scripts as well as Script editing for several productions going back to my teen years.
- 2. What is your favourite genre? Historical Romance
- 3. If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend they start with and why? Black Lace, which was released spring of 2014 is a collection of three Novellas that intertwine in 1850’s London. This is a collection that is dear to my heart.
- 4. What is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process? You can’t not always trust the professionals you hire 100%. I am Dyslexic and early on searched for an editor who would work in my budget. It wasn’t until after a couple reviews referring to the editing in one of my books that I found out that my editor had not been applying himself to the job as he had assured me. he had been doing I have since parted ways with that editor and Currently I am published through Beau Coup Publishing, but I am keeping an eye out for an editor in the future should I decide to take on a self published project again. For now I appreciate the security and professionalism of this publishing house.
- 5. Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress? I am currently developing my first Paranormal series where a number of supernatural creatures including Vampires and shifters meet in battle. The Series is contempterary, but being the History nut that I am each novel has a root impact set in another time. This allows me the opportunity to explore my love of swordplay and sailing along with my love for my native Southern California.
- 6. Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. I studied Cubism oil painting when I was 9.
- 7. Name your top three writing goals? This is the most difficult question to answer having never given myself a goal of awards or bestseller lists. The most important thing to me with my writing would be knowing that the people who read my stories enjoy them. From there I would like to one day be published in both Spanish and Italian and perhaps hold a book signing in Firenze Italy
- Fun Questions -
- 1. If you had a warning label, what would it say? May encourage random fits of playful spanking while experiencing uncontrollable giggles
- 2. If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do? Rachel in my Vampire novella The perfect little bite and set to appear in my up coming series. As a history nut I would love to sit down with a 2,000 year old vampire over a bottle of wine and hear of all she had seen in her life.
- 3. What is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done? Waltzed half naked in the moonlight.
- 4. Finally, can you give us your contact links? www.erynblack.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Eryn has generously offered a giveaway with two of her books, Black Lace and Carnal games. So please follow this blog, and comment below with your email addresses for a chance to win one of two e-copies of Black Lace and Carnal games.
That's right she's giving away two copies of each book to a couple of lucky readers.