Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Taking Courage with S.J. Maylee...

What Are You Waiting For with S.J. Maylee author of Taking Courage

Hello! Thank you to Jennifer Labelle for having me today. I’m thrilled to be here. I write contemporary erotic romance with Dominance and submission. Today, I’d like to talk about the courage it takes to make changes.

I’ll work on that when I have time. Those are some famous last words. How many times have you said them to yourself? I used to say them all the time and I still catch myself. I’ll probably always be a work in progress, lol.

Janna Hall, the heroine from my latest release, TAKING COURAGE, said them so many times she ended up with a life she didn’t want, a life she couldn’t be passionate about because it wasn’t what she wanted or what she needed. Since she’s my creation, I changed the direction of her life. The change wasn’t easy on either one of us. Her story took discipline and lots of time to develop and rework. Through it all, she remained resolute by my side, pushing past her personal embarrassment and heart ache. She didn’t give up on me, knowing I’d give her the happy ending she deserved.

I’m most proud of the fight I felt in her. Clearly I picked the right time in her life to push her. She was ready for it. She was hungry for it.

I like putting my characters in situations I can recognize. They inspire me to keep pushing for my own dreams. They remind me not to wait for the perfect day when all the moons are aligned. Any given day will do.

In the following excerpt, our hero has stopped Janna from leaving his office. After a bad first impression, she wants to start over with him. She’s facing the door and he’s just stepped behind her and pushed it closed. The first line is his. Enjoy!

EXCERPT:

“You want to start over?”
“Yes, please.” The heat from his body soaked into her back. She wanted to press her hips into him. What would it feel like to be taken, right here?
“No more lies.”
“None, Sir.”
Her hips arched back to rub, seeking his hardness. She needed more. Her hips swirled over him, and he pressed her against the door. A moan escaped her, and then he was gone. She remained plastered against the door, afraid to move, not wanting to admit the moment was over. She peered over her shoulder and found him pacing the back corner of his office.
He couldn't have gotten any further away.
“Do I need to apologize again?” She slowly turned around to face him and pressed her body into the door. A part of her wished the door would swallow her whole.
He stopped walking and looked out the window. She took a moment to look around his office. It was a mirror image of her office, except for the old boxing gloves on his bookcase.
“No. Maybe I should do the apologizing this time.” He crossed his arms over his sizable chest. She waited for him to continue. “I'm not going to bother you with my history.”
“History can be important stuff. It would help me to understand what's going on here.”
“I'm sure you'd like that.” He continued looking out the window, probably looking at the ravine that had given her comfort earlier.
“I'm not sure you know what I'd like.”
He turned to look at her, smiling. “Is that so?” The corners of his kissable lips turned up.

ISBN: 978-1-77130-875-5

WHERE YOU CAN FIND TAKING COURAGE:


TAKING COURAGE BLURB:

Janna’s ready to make over her life and get out from under the controlling thumb of her father. She doesn't want another failed arranged marriage. She’s ready to do whatever it takes for the career she wants, enter the lifestyle she craves, and to earn the trust and love of the man that has captured her heart, but heartbreak and career hiccups seem to be her destiny.

Simon’s still recovering after his last submissive lied her way into his life. He’s not ready for Janna and how she pushes against his prejudices. He needs to decide if he’s willing to lose her or if he’ll fight for her love and submission.

S.J. MAYLEE BIO:

S.J. Maylee fell in love with storytelling at a young age and with it came a deep-seated desire for everyone to find their happily ever after. She’s finding the happy endings for her characters one steamy story at a time.

When she’s not reading or writing, you can find her caring for her garden, laughing with her two young sons, or dancing to her husband’s music. She’s a PMP (Project Management Professional), Nia instructor, and coffee addict.

As a writer she has a tendency to break hearts, but she always glues them back together.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, this sounds like another great read. Thank you S.J. for joining us today!

Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me today, Jennifer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SJ, for taking the courage to write and share it with us. I love Jana's spirit and go get 'em attitude. I try to be like her everyday.

    Thanks Jennifer, for having SJ here today!

    ~ Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Liz. Janna likes to remind me all the time to just go for it. Love that gal of mine. :)

      Delete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.