Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Monday, August 4, 2014

A New Release with Author Karen Cino...

I am so excited to be guest blogging on Jennifer’s Blog.  I hope you enjoy my post.

Writing the final book “Survival” in the Mystical Wonders series was very hard for me.  When Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast, Staten Island was slammed.  All the houses across from the water and at points over a mile away from the water were washed out. 

No one knew could ever imagine the devastation and the people who have lost their homes, and the people who barely escaped harms way. I live about a mile away from the ocean, but where I live had been secured by Fort Wadsworth.  I had many friends who lost their homes.  For this book I interviewed dozens of people. 

Excerpt

“Oh. Okay. Give me a few minutes, I’ll get you a bottle of cologne.” Rose smiled before opening her storage cabinet and taking out two bottles. She handed him the two. “One is the cologne, the other is the after-shave. I thought you’d like to try both.”
“Thank you.” He smiled. “I will return the favor by bringing you a copy of my new CD next time around. Do you think you can handle a little rock and roll?”
“I’m sure I can. I might be a disco chick, but growing up I listened to what is now known as classic rock.”
“Great.”
There was an awkward silence before Rose spoke. “You said you had a few questions regarding the photo shoot.”
“Well…yes and no. I mean…I have to be quite frank with you. The reason why I came down here wasn’t for the cologne. Jason gave me a bottle the night of the concert.”
“Okay. Why did you come here?” Rose asked confused.
“I came here to ask you if you would join me for dinner tonight.”
Rose’s mouth dropped open. This was the last thing she expected. “Thanks, but I have to say no. I don’t mix business with pleasure.”
“It would be no big deal. Let’s just say I’m interested in what this photo shoot entails,” he explained. “My agent was quite vague when I asked him.”
Not making eye contact with him, she answered, “I’m sorry, Marco.”
“That’s okay,” he coolly replied. “I’ll see you next week for the photo shoot.” He walked to the door and before leaving, he mumbled, “Once again, I’m really sorry about ruining your film.”
“It really wasn’t your fault,” she said as he closed the door behind him. After a moment’s hesitation, Rose found herself opening the door and looking down the quiet hall to Marco waiting for the elevator. “Pick me up at eight o’clock at 352 Bryant Avenue. And don’t be late.” She shut the door to her office and stood there shaking her head wondering what had possessed her to accept his dinner invitation.


Author Bio

Karen Cino is an author, poet and former journalist.  She’d been writing since she was fourteen years old.  She started her career by writing poetry, short stories and articles for her high school newspaper and the Staten Island Register.  After reading Jackie Collin’s “Lovers and Gamblers” she knew she found her niche, writing women’s fiction.

Her daily walk down at the boardwalk is what gets her muse going.  It clears her mind and helps her find realistic plot ideas and characters, boosting her muse.  She loves writing about local places that people can relate to.

Karen lives in Staten Island, New York with her fiancé.

Contact List

Website:  www.karencino.com

Also by Karen Cino with Secret Cravings Publishing:
Roses
The Boardwalk
Mystical Wonders: Circle of Friends
Mystical Wonders:  Second Chances
Mystical Wonders:  The Right Call
Mystical Wonders:  Survival


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to thank Karen for joining us today. Your book sounds great, and it's always a pleasure to host you.

Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jennifer for hosting me. I always love stopping by. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.