Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Friday, July 4, 2014

An Interview with Author Frank Borne...

Title:                           The Captain and the Queen

Release date:                        April 20, 2014

Author:                      Frank Borne

Genre:                        Sweet Romance

Blurb:                         A lonely widower develops feelings for his best friend’s daughter when he chooses her as queen for his declining Mardi Gras krewe. Will the age difference and disapproving family members keep them apart?

Buy link:   

Questions:

1.      How long have you been an author?
I self-published my first novel in 2011

2.      What is your favourite genre?
Contemporary, and I like variety in the stories I read.

3.      If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend they start with and why?
Fame and Misfortune.  The emotions expressed by the main character regarding his life as an overweight man who sees a dramatic weight loss is very dear to me, as it draws on my personal experience with weight issues.

4.      What is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process?
How very frustrating the process can be.  Often, while I’m writing a book, I can’t sleep because I have ideas running through my mind.  At other times, I can’t sleep because I have writer’s block.  I’m most satisfied when it’s complete, as writing can be rather maddening.

5.      Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress?
Currently, I am writing the sequel to The Captain and the Queen.  It furthers the relationship the main characters developed in the first book.  I have ideas for several other books and hope to begin those projects very soon.

6.      Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.
Writing is only one of my hobbies.  Another is baking, which brings out the artist in me.  My wife isn’t a big sweet-eater, and I don’t want to regain the weight I lost (140 lbs.!), so I often bake cakes or cupcakes just to bring to work.  It keeps the peace in the office.

7.      Name your top three writing goals?
1.      Like most other authors, I would love to see my work made into a movie.
2.      Appear on a best-seller list for even one day!
3.      Publish at least one book each year.

Fun Questions -

1.      If you had a warning label, what would it say?
Don’t speak to me before 9:00 a.m.

2.      If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do?
Mika Kalua, the sexy young Hawaiian administrative assistant from Fame and Misfortune.  My wife is jealous of her—as well she should be!

3.      What is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done?
You know those tags on pillows that say ‘do not remove’?

4.      Finally, can you give us your contact links?


Excerpt from The Captain and the Queen:
They gazed at the fire and listened to the music.
            “The best part of being queen, Bax, is this.”
            “I made an outstanding choice this year.”
            A chill ran through Claire, so she put her coffee on the table and then cuddled with Baxter. She moved her hand across his chest, pulling on the shirt buttons playfully. They kissed while he cupped her cheek with his hand. He moved his lips to her neck as she kneaded the muscles in his firm upper arm.
            “You smell wonderful, Claire,” he whispered.
            “So do you,” she moaned as he moved his hands to her lower back.
            She began to unbutton his shirt as he nibbled on her ear, and then slid her quivering hand across his firm chest and down to his belt. He slipped his hand inside the back of her blouse, and with one swift stroke unfastened her bra.
            “Oh, yes, Bax.” Claire peeled his shirt from him, exposing his magnificent torso, and then unzipped his pants before straddling him, rocking back and forth on his lap, all the while locked in a passionate kiss.
            Baxter placed his hands on her cheeks, and then slid them down her neck to her bosom. He continued down to her waist, and then moved his hands to her sides and prepared to remove her shirt. She guided one hand into his underwear while stroking the back of his head with the other.
            Neither noticed when Masque darted past the sofa to the front door.
            “We should stop, Claire.”
            “No, Bax. Please don’t,” she whispered.
            “Okay. I want you—now.”


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for joining us today, Frank. It was a pleasure getting to know you, and your book sounds great. 

Happy Reading Everyone!
Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.