Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Unchained Hearts & An interview with Palessa...

Title: Unchained Hearts, Baxter Family Saga Book 1

Release date: December 2013

Author: Palessa

Genre: Drama w/romantic elements

Blurb: Kyle Avery, CEO of Mama Avery Foods, has been summoned to a special meeting by a note from her late mother, Virgilia Avery. When she arrives, she meets the elusive mogul Newton "Cass" Baxter, CEO of Baxter Chemicals and learns of the nearly forty year history her mother shared with Cass, as well as the obstacles they'd been forced to endure. As Kyle struggles to understand their history, she's forced to confront the man who loved and left her, Brandon Hall, VP of Baxter Chemicals and the adopted son of Cass Baxter. Kyle and Brandon unite in love, but separate in tragedy. They are forced to deal with the sad legacy of their parent's lives as well as their own heartbreak. It's up to them to finally break the chains which bind their hearts and find their own path to happiness. 


Questions:

1.      How long have you been an author? Oh I call myself a 'fledgling' as I've only been at this for a few months. So I'm not even at the year mark yet, really

2.      What is your favourite genre? – For me it's more about book than genre. I have read many books from many genres and liked them. Drama to Paranormal to SciFi to Romance to Modern Literature as well as Classic Literature.

3.      If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend they start with and why? LOL, I have only one out now so that would be the start.

4.      What is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process? – That I'm a lot more relaxed now. I think it's primarily due to being more mature but I'm not as tense as I used to be and I don't judge myself as harshly. Those to me are the biggest changes I see in my writing. It's still a challenge but I embrace it in a friendlier way. Total blessing, for sure

5.      Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress? Well, I'm going through the first edits of Book 2 tentatively titled Portrait of Gray. I was really touched by Grayson by the end of Book 1 and his story just called to me. I am sharing a sneak peek of it with select groups and so far, the reaction has been good. People are curious to get to know more about him for sure and I'm looking forward to sharing his journey.

6.      Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. – I was born on a tropical island, grew up in Miami and I can't swim, LOL. I nearly drowned when I was young and when I get under water, I tend to get claustrophobic so that's my secret.

7.      Name your top three writing goals? – To really put out the kinds of books that I can stand by. I don't want to rush the process just to get more books on the shelf.
Also want to keep having interesting stories. I like to write stories that surprise me as I write them and so far that’s been the case. Finally, I want stories that will get to people. Even if they totally hate me for what I wrote or who I killed off, the story got to them in some way so that's a good goal I think. To get readers invested and engaged.

Fun Questions -

1.      If you had a warning label, what would it say? – Follower of the order of Madea-isms (Love that Tyler Perry character)

2.      If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do? All of them, but now, it's Julian, funny enough. I want to know the nature of his deal with the devil, aka Joan. I need the skinny for Book 3

3.      What is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done? – Oh, when I was dating this guy way back when, I opened my apartment door in nothing but a shawl and dropped the shawl. THAT was fun and I would so do it again for a better man, this time.

4.      Finally, can you give us your contact links? 

     Sure: I'm on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorPalessa







Excerpt Rated G to PG-13
After everyone had left, Randy helped KC clean up. At first she protested, but realized it would go a lot faster with another set of hands. When they were done they both sat down heavily on her couch.
“So, how are you holding up?” she asked.
Randy put up both his hands. “I’m fine. It just sucks that my guys couldn’t pull it out for me. And then they lost another tight end…so wrong.”
“I told you not to gloat.”
Randy looked at her, eyes narrowed. He grabbed a pillow and gently bounced it on her face. Kyle slowly turned and then retaliated. They fought like little kids, disintegrating into chuckles in between attacks. Kyle couldn’t remember the last time she was in a pillow fight, but she knew she was not going to let Randy win.
Randy tried to bob and weave, but it was no help. She was too fast. He quickly grabbed for her pillow and pulled her to him. He fell back, her on top of him. The smiles and laughter stopped. Randy heart raced as he gently moved a curly tendril from her face and reached up to kiss her.
Before Kyle had time to think, Randy’s tongue was sensually caressing hers. She responded by opening her mouth for an even deeper kiss. His hands cupped her face and Kyle could feel that delicious bolt in the pit of her stomach travel to her hips. His hands moved to her waist, pressing her hips against his. His erection was pushing against his zipper and he wanted her to know just what she was doing to him, what she had been doing to him since the moment they met.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to thank Palessa for joining us today. Unchained Hearts sounds like an interesting read. It was a pleasure to meet you as well.

Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~
http://www.jenniferlabelle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.