Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Monday, March 10, 2014

An Interview with Author Alicia Sparks...

Title: Primitive Fix, Book One of the Primitive Series
Release date: October, 2013
Author: Alicia Sparks
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance

Blurb: Book 1 in the Primitive Series 
PRIMITIVE FIX – Meet two brothers, tiger shifters, and the women who bring out the beast in them.
 
Part 1 - Kenyon 

Sage Villalobos has been destined to marry Kenyon Maddux since the day she was born. As the second-born in her wolf clan, she came into this world owing a debt to the family of shape-shifting tigers who rule the Louisiana swamps in the Atchafalaya Basin. Kenyon is the only man she’s ever wanted, the man who sets her blood on fire, but she’s tired of being indebted to his family for something she didn’t do. She wants him to choose her because he loves her, not because he owns her. When Kenyon’s brother, Nik, is taken prisoner, Kenyon turns to Sage for help. Using her unique skills, she knows she can help him free his brother, but there will be a price. If she agrees to do this, she wants Kenyon to release her from her debt. However, the only thing Kenyon wants to do is hold on to her and never let her go. 

Part 2 - Nik 

After months of captivity as part of a roadside attraction, Nik Maddux is finally able to escape. Injured and at death’s door, he makes his way through the swamp only to collapse near Juliette’s home. Juliette pulls the naked man into her cabin and begins nursing him back to health, marveling at the black stripes which cover his body and the feline features of his face. She knows he’s not quite human and realizes she may have found a kindred spirit, someone whose secrets are as deadly as her own. When Nik awakes, his attraction to Juliette is instant. While she heals his body, he wants to heal her soul. But danger is lurking in the swamp, and the longer they stay together, the more likely they are to lose everything. 

**Content Warning: May contain graphic content and sexual situations. Intended for 18+ Audience


1.      How long have you been an author? I think I’ve been writing my whole life, but I was first published about ten years ago.

2.      What is your favourite genre? I like to read contemporary erotic romance but I like to write both contemporary and paranormal.

3.      If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend they start with and why? If you’re into paranormal, start with Primitive Fix. If you like contemporary, start with Better than Ice Cream. Both books are a lot of fun, but Primitive Fix is darker and is the first in my Primitive series about a family of shapeshifters. Better than Ice Cream is about a smoking hot Southern boy who will get you all worked up and ready for some ice cream!

4.      What is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process? It’s hard! I thought I could just sit down and write, but there’s a lot more to it than that. There’s planning and all the details I have to keep straight.

5.      Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress? I am currently working on the third in my Primitive series and the second in my hockey series. I also have a zombie book coming out soon with Beau Coup Publishing. Oh, you said one! The next in my Primitive series is Primitive Craving, and it picks up where Primitive Need left off, following Timbre Canis as he searches for the elusive Willow Maddux, sister of Kenyon and Nik from Primitive Fix. It’s a hot erotic romance.

6.      Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. I’m actually pretty shy. I know I write a lot of hot stuff, but I blush pretty easily, especially when I’m talking about sex!

7.      Name your top three writing goals? I would like to be able to write enough and make enough money to quit my day job and write full time. That is the ultimate goal. Of course, I’d like to break the 1000 rank at Amazon and be on the New York Times list, but I’ll take the writing full time.

Fun Questions -

1.      If you had a warning label, what would it say? There would be so many! I think “Heavily medicated for your safety” would be one that everyone around me can agree on.

2.      If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do? I would love to meet Kenyon Maddux and tie him to my bed! You can use your imagination as to what would happen next!

3.      What is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done? Gosh, there are so many, it’s hard to choose one. I’m pretty naughty and have the attitude of “I’ll try anything once.”

4.      Finally, can you give us your contact links? Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alicia-Sparks/315378021848049

Twitter: https://twitter.com/aliciasparks
_
Amazon: http://amazon.com/author/aliciasparks

EXCERPT:

When Kenyon felt Sage shiver beneath him, he knew he had her, knew she was his. She could talk about freedom and family tradition and wanting to let go all she wanted, but he knew she was his and she would never be able to walk away from what they had.
“Get off me.” Her hands were on his chest, pushing against him, but the movement wasn’t very spirited. She couldn’t have swatted a fly away with that gentle touch, but it was enough to cause his cock to jerk in reaction.
“Not until you admit that you’ve missed me.” He nuzzled against her ear with his lips, resisting the urge to take the lobe between his teeth and bite her, demand her submission. It was part of their mating ritual, of what they had always done, of how they had always been. She remembered. The way her body was calling out to him, her scent permeating his brain, he knew she remembered and wanted him as badly as he wanted her.
“If I admit it, will you go away?” Her nails grazed against his shoulder, her actions in opposition to everything she was saying. A low moan escaped her throat, followed by a gasp, as if she had stopped herself—or tried to stop herself—from reacting to him.

“You’ll never get rid of me. Even if you live to be a hundred and you disappear into the Colorado wilderness, I will always be part of you.” He nipped her ear this time and was rewarded with another gasp, another moan. “You want me, Sage. You haven’t seen me for three years and your body needs me like it needs to breathe.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I'd like to thank Alicia for joining us today. It was a pleasure to learn more about the author behind this really intriguing book. And, a big thank you to my faithful readers for supporting the blog. Don't forget to pick up your copy of Primitive Fix.

Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~
http://www.jenniferlabelle.com

2 comments:

  1. Where can I get this book... Terra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Terra.

      The Amazon link to purchase this book is at the top of the post just below the blurb. Enjoy!

      Delete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.