Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

A New Release & an Interview with Ryan O'Leary...

Title: Happy To Be Stuck With You

Release date: Out Now

Author: Ryan O’Leary

Genre: Erotic Romance

Blurb: 

Love at first sight?

Travis Ross didn’t believe in it until he laid his eyes on a mysterious brunette across the room at a party. From the very first word out of her mouth, Travis is smitten by this feisty little girl with the one letter name.

Just back from Mexico, Travis’ mystery girl is full of surprises, some exquisite and some not so nice, but no matter what fate throws at them, Travis is determined to keep them together, determined to win her heart and make sure she’s happy to be stuck with him forever.

Find out what happened before J got her closet.



Questions:


1.      How long have you been an author? 

       I’ve never applied the word “authour” to myself. To me an authour writes for a living, it’s their job and writing isn’t my job so I call myself a writer. I’ve been writing for fun for about 15 years and I’ve gotten better at it, I’ve gotten a clearer vision of how to do it and how to attempt to make money at it, so I’m giving it a shot.


2.      What is your favourite genre?

       I like the erotic romance stuff. I dare say that the majority of earth’s population likes sex and I’m no different than them so the erotic stuff is right up my alley. The sex part is great and I enjoy writing it, but the biggest thrill I get is when I’m writing the flirty stuff in the story. It gets my blood pumping when I get to write a scene where there’s a great back and forth between the male and female in the story, that’s where I get my biggest reward as a far as writing the story.


3.      If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend they start with and why? 
      
      I wrote a series of short stories to introduce the couple I write about. Travis and J are the married couple I tell tales about. The stories are told from Travis’ perspective, not J’s. The short story series is called J’s Closet Volume 1 and is available on Amazon. This is just a volume of shorts to introduce the couple, so if anyone wants to meet them, that’d be the best place to start. I wrote a prequel to these short stories, a novel about how Travis and J got together and that is called Happy To Be Stuck With You. You could easily pickup either book and be ok.


4.      What is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process? 

      Editing. I’d always written for fun, so I’d write a novel, or a short story or whatever, then I’d read it and edit it myself. It was just for fun, so I didn’t really concern myself with grammar and those sorts of things. But now that we’ve had this boom in internet self-publishing and I’m actually making an effort to write things that will sell, I have to get things properly edited, I have to work with an editor and I have to go back and redo things, sometimes more than once. It’s actually a pain in the ass, but something that needs to be done if you want to put out a quality product.


5.      Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress? 

      I’m currently working with world-renowned author Sable Hunter on the first book in a series we’re writing together. The first book is called Thunderbird and it’ll kickoff the Equalizers series. Basically, the series will be about a group of ex-soldiers who come back from Afghanistan and form a team, kind of liek the A-Team, they go where they’re needed and help people. They’re the Equalizers, they equalize things. The first book, Thunderbird is the story of their leader, Kyle Chancellor. Kyle’s from a rich Texas family. Kyle won the Heisman his last year of college, but chose to go into the service and defend his country instead of going to the NFL. When he gets back after years away, he discovers that his ex-girlfriend has died and he vows to do whatever he can to work towards finding a cure for the disease that claimed her life. He meets a girl named Hannah who has come to America illegally with her father and crippled brother for a better life. Hannah and Kyle meet and have a great time, but fate steps in and they lose track of each other. Kyle is called to run for governor of Texas and while campaigning, he meets Hannah again. I don’t want to ruin it, but there’s lots of twists and turns along the way, action, adventure, sex, romance, and a sex tape. It’s the longest book I’ve ever been a part of and it’s taken Sable and I quite some time to write, but we’ve hit our stride and it’s coming together extremely well. And by the time this interview is posted, the book will either be out already, or very close to being released.


6.      Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. 

      Hmmmm. I’m a pretty open book. I guess what I said above, that I prefer writing the flirty parts to the sex parts.


7.      Name your top three writing goals? 

       Finish this first book with Sable and get it out. I personally think it’s going to be amazing and I can’t wait for it to be done. I can’t really think of anything else. I’m a horse before the cart kinda guy, I try to finish one thing before moving onto something else, so my concentration is on Thunderbird right now.


Fun Questions -


1.      If you had a warning label, what would it say? 

      Highly Addictive.


2.      If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do?

       It’s have to be J. You’d probably think that my male characters are based on me, but they aren’t, they’re just what I think women would like and that’s the same with J. She’s what I’d want in a woman. She’s attractive, smart, feisty, sure of herself but vulnerable and damaged in her own way. Guys say we hate the drama that comes along with a woman, but secretly we enjoy it, it’s part of what makes a woman a woman and J is a woman. I wouldn’t want to step on Travis’ toes and make a move on his woman, but if J were real, I sure would be tempted to do just that.


3.      What is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done? 

      Just one thing? Tough to say, I’ve done a lot of things I’m not proud of and I can assure you they were naughty. I guess having sex in a hot tub while there were other people in it. The naughty part was that the other people didn’t know we were having sex. Good thing those jets stayed on or they would have seen what was going on under the water.


4.      Finally, can you give us your contact links?



Excerpt: 

Happy To Be Stuck With You

“Maybe a little bit. Don’t worry, you were nothing but a lady last night. I enjoyed every moment we spent together, J.”
“So did I, Travis.”
“You go rest for now. Feel better. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow.”
“I promise I’ll clean myself up by tomorrow.”
“And I promise it won’t matter to me. Don’t put on a drop of make-up and wear your pajamas to dinner, it won’t matter to me. I’m just lucky to spend any time with you.”
“I promise I’ll look better for you, Travis.”
“And I promise I won’t be able to think about anything but you until I finally get to see you again.”
We said goodbye and I laid back on the couch.
“I take it you won’t mind if I give April a call?” Devon asked.
I’d completely forgotten he was there. I looked at our big flat screen. Devon was blasting aliens, or communists or whatever.
My phone beeped before I had a chance to answer him.
A text message.
A text message from J with a picture attached.
I opened it up. She was smiling shyly into the camera, averting her eyes to the left. Her hair was tangled and her mascara was smeared. A simple message accompanied her text. Still want to go tomorrow?
I snapped a picture of me smiling and sent it back to her with a message. No…I want to go right now.
She sent back a picture of her sticking her tongue out.
I laughed. Better put that away unless you’re going to use it.

I turned to Devon. “You need me to give you April’s number? Because I won’t be needing it ever again.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loving that excerpt and cover, Ryan. Thanks for sharing!



Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~
http://www.jenniferlabelle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.