Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Mating Ritual with Tory Richards...


The Mating Ritual

Hi everyone! I’d like to thank Jennifer for letting me spend the day with you. In case you don’t know who I am my name is Tory Richards, and I’m a grandma who likes smut. I was born in Maine but have lived most of my life in Florida. After retiring from Disney my four cats and I moved in with my daughter and her family, where I spend my time between helping out with my grandchildren, and writing. I have the perfect life!

Question - Do you have to see it to believe it, or are you someone who has an open mind? I don’t know if it’s the writer in me, or if I’m just a little bit crazy, but I believe that anything is possible. Until someone proves Bigfoot isn’t roaming the mountains in the northeast, that there are no aliens and mermaids, I have to believe they could exist. There are a lot of places in our world that are still unexplored. I just read an interesting article recently about the lost world in Australia, a place so remote that it took a helicopter to drop scientists, and a film crew there. They discovered three new species, and plan to return, hoping to find more.

There are mysteries out there just waiting to be explored, found, and appreciated, too many strange happenings in the world to ignore. Don’t you think? With that thought in mind, I decided to try my hand at writing a new genre for me.

The Mating Ritual is my first paranormal romance, and comes out today at Smashwords and Amazon. Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside the range of normal experiences or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Paranormal phenomena are distinct from certain hypothetical entities, supernatural and unexplained mysteries, including ghost stories and pictures, creatures and more.

The Mating Ritual

Blurb

On the run for her life, Toni finds safety with the mysterious Oh-Mah people living deep in the Carolina Mountains. Direct descendants from a legendary creature, they are more human than beast. With the exception of being big and tall, they no longer carry any of the original Bigfoot hairy, monstrous traits. Yet they prefer the simple, uncomplicated life their beastly ancestors lived. They remain far away from civilization, feeding the surrounding small, town locals with rare sightings that keep the myth alive. 

Captured by their rugged leader, Cormac, Toni must undergo an ancient mating ritual in order not to be claimed and mated by any of the other males. Once Cormac mates with her in a public ceremony, she will be off limits to everyone but him, something Toni is grateful for. She gradually falls for the powerful leader, willingly giving in to his ravenous demands for sex. He vows to protect and love her, but can she give up her old life to live with him in the mountains?

Unedited excerpt

 “Woman, stop!” He growled.

She halted at his command and stared up at him, frightened. “Please let me go.”

He let go of her long hair and grabbed the fur from her body, wrapping it around his hips. His gaze fell to her barely concealed breasts, remaining there until Toni felt her nipples become hard. When Cormac’s gaze roamed down to the triangle covering her sex a flush of heat spread throughout her body, surprising her. She didn’t like the way his nostrils were suddenly flaring, and his eyes had turned almost black. Toni had slept with enough men to recognize that hungry look on his face.

All of a sudden the air around them crackled with an undercurrent of primal heat. It was palpable, and like nothing she’d ever experienced before. In spite of her precarious situation, there was something raw and basic about the man, and it was having a strong effect on her dormant libido. Of all the times to get horny! It was the wrong time and the wrong place. All wrong!

“Go.” He pushed her in the direction that led deeper into the cave.

Toni dug in her heels. “Wait a minute, what about me?” She pulled her arm from his grasp, swung around, and peered up at him. “I need something to cover up with too.”

Damn, she shouldn’t have brought attention to her undressed state. Once more his gaze roamed over her, seeming to strip off what little she had left on. She shivered, and not from the cold air in the cave. His lingering look moved like a caress over Toni, making her think about things that she shouldn’t be. What’s wrong with me? The only thing that should be on my mind is getting back to the cabin. Had she hit her head the night before, and this was some kind of odd side effect?

“Please, just let me go.” Sensing they were both curious about each other, Toni pushed the notion of what that could lead to right out of her head. “There are police, people, looking for me.” She wasn’t sure if she’d said that to scare him or to take his mind off her lack of clothing. “Do you know what the police are?”

Her strategy didn’t work. “Only mated females cover their bodies.”

“What?” For a moment Toni had forgotten what she’d asked him. Then his words registered, turning her blood cold. “But I’m not one of your females,” she said. “And where I come from everyone wears clothes.”

“Not last night.” He pushed her in the direction that he wanted her to go.

How was she going to explain last night? It soon became apparent that the flicker of light she’d seen earlier deeper in the cave was coming from the burning torches in the ground, which were spaced every few feet apart. As she unwillingly walked deeper and deeper into the cave she began hearing voices in the distance. She started to drag her feet, afraid of what she’d find at the other end.

“Please, let me go,” she pleaded with him again. “I’m telling you that there are people searching for me, dangerous people.” Maybe Cormac would release her if he thought his clan might be in jeopardy.

He continued to push her. “I will protect you.”

Toni stopped and turned, but he didn’t. As big as he was, when he hit her she went flying backwards with a gasp. She would have hit the wall had he not pulled her to him. All at once, she was aware that her breasts were flattened against his six-pack abs, but what frightened her most was his equally massive hard-on. As a new threat engulfed her, Toni began to struggle. His powerful hands seemed to be everywhere at once, as he easily subdued her. 

Links

Website – http://www.toryrichards.com





 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
 
Wow, that's not only one hot cover but I loved the excerpt too! Thanks again for sharing with us today, Tory, it's always a pleasure to have you on the blog.
 
Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer! I can't thank you enough for letting me spend the day here. I'll return the favor anytime! Take care.

    Tory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, hun. I may take you up on your offer soon. HUGS

    P.S. I just bought your book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to it! Oh, I almost missed your PS...thank you! I hope you enjoy the story.

    Tory

    ReplyDelete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.