Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Who Wants some Swag & A Special UK Treat? Come say Hi to Author Alexa Bourne and find out How to WIN it!...


My name is Alexa Bourne and I am a writer. I say this as an admission. It lets the reader know I have a sickness. I have tons of voices in my head. Some are whispers, some are shouts. It all depends on the person. Yes, I call my characters people. At the moment, I have 8 couples living in my head.  Sometimes it's crazy in there and I have a hard time figuring out what to write next. Why is that? Because I write romantic suspense and contemporary romance. For over the last 9 months I've been working on contemporary romance stories- writing, editing and promoting them. But every once in a while one of the people from my suspense stories starts speaking a bit louder, asking when I'll get to his story, and reminding me what a great romance and suspense story he has waiting for me. Then a while later, while still working on the contemporary romance, I get the urge to kill someone off or commit a different crime. No, not me, silly. But my romantic suspense characters. Then they move to the front of my brain and start toying with me, sharing details of their growing relationship and the problems they're facing with the villain. Sometimes they all cooperate and let each other take turns ruling my brain. But other times it's like a loud, crazy family argument.

But you know what? I'm okay with all the voices in my head and how they drive me crazy. Sure I prefer it when they take turns, but I'll keep them in my head any way I can. The alternative, having no muse, no plot ideas and no “friends” to work with, is so not appealing.

Author Bio:

Alexa Bourne is a teacher by day and a romance writer by nights, weekends, and all school holidays. She also teaches online classes for writers throughout the year. She writes romantic suspense and contemporary romance and is thrilled to have the chance to share her love of Great Britain with readers everywhere.

When she's not concocting sinister plots and steamy love scenes or traveling and exploring new cultures, Alexa spends her time reading, watching brainless TV and thinking about exercising. She loves to interact with readers, so visit her web page, follow her on Twitter or drop her a note at Alexa@alexabourne.com!

Book Blurb:

After six months in the city, Mary MacDougall returns to the Scottish Highlands to finalize her divorce. Because of a past tragedy, she doubts her husband Jamie can possibly love her with the same unbridled passion as before and insists ending the marriage is best for both of them. But Jamie has other ideas….

Jamie MacDougall has no intention of letting his bonnie lass go. At least not without a fight. Aye, they’ve suffered heartache, and she may be ready to call it quits, but he refuses to throw away the partnership they’ve built since they were children. Instead, he’ll remind her they were meant to be together, forever.

Can this marriage survive pride and grief to allow love to carry them home?






 
Buy Links:






 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GIVEAWAY TIME!

I'd like to thank Alexa for joining us again. Today she has offered to give on lucky reader a chance to win some swag and a special UK treat. So please leave a comment with your email address' and follow this blog to enter.

Alexa will announce her winner on Friday Oct. 4th

Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~
http://www.jenniferlabelle.com

 

8 comments:

  1. Loved the post, Alexa! Eight couples in my head might drive me crazy, but then I might have as many books out in the world as you do. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight couples!!! WOW! Keep going, Lexi - get those couples out of there ASAP and make room for some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight couples?!! WOW! If anyone can do it, you can, Lexi - write 'em out and make room for some new folks, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! Thanks for the giveaway!
    mestith at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun to meet you here today Alexa.

    Email Subscriber

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, yes, the one voice that rises above the rest telling the author it's her turn! I write a romance series, and book three is like the "surprise baby"! Thanks for making me laugh out loud, Alexa! :-) -Katie O'Boyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining me here, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY, Susye! You are the winner! Thank you to everyone for visiting and commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.