Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Swag & A Character Interview with Gray Dixon...


Character Interview – Master King

Author: Gray Dixon

Name of Book: Master King

Series: Masters of Tabu

Genre: Contemporary Erotica, BDSM

Character Name: Jared King

Hero/Heroine/villain/secondary: Bailey Melchor, childhood friend, lover, submissive, and entrepreneur

*~*~*

GRAY: Hey, Jared. I’m so happy you decided to do this interview and share with the readers.

JARED: My pleasure, sugar. It’s the least I could do for my favorite word master. (An eyebrow shoots up and the corners of his mouth turn up revealing a wicked grin.)

GRAY: *blushes* Oh my, Jared, you’re so bad. I hope I’m the only one who spins words for you. Can we change the subject and you tell us a little about yourself. How did you come to my attention?

JARED: If I remember correctly, you came to me. You wanted to bring to life a childhood friendship that blooms into a love interest when the boy and girl grow-up. I like that. Sweet, romantic and terribly sexy. You did me proud.

GRAY: Oh, yes, I remember reflecting back on something similar to me. I’m proud of you too. Tell us more. What do you do for a living?

JARED: I’m a businessman, sort of. I technically have a position at King Oil, head of acquisitions, but my older brother and father run the company. I’m considered not worthy by my family, a black eye on the King name, but I have other plans. Of course, my favorite endeavor is Club Tabu which I co-own with my friends. I understand the readers have already met two, Master Knight and Master Prince.

GRAY: Yes, they’ve made an entrance. What or who is the greatest love of your life and why?

JARED: Need you ask? My Little Bee has a loving, caring heart, yet at the same time she can be strong-willed and determined. She has her own business and with my help behind the scenes will become a big success. Pleasing her is my passion, my love, my heart which defines my life now. I wandered through my life before not knowing what I wanted, but in the end I discovered what I needed was a woman who complimented me and enjoyed the whips and chains that excite as much as I do. Someone who claimed me years ago, but I was too blind to see. Bailey is my soul mate.

GRAY: *shivers run down the spine* Oh, she must be a real treasure. With that being said, what’s your greatest fear?

JARED: Losing her, of course. Enough said. Next question.

GRAY: Okay then. Do you have a motto in life?

JARED: Not really, but I have a code I try to live by. It’s play safe, sane and always with mutual consent.

GRAY: I agree those are good words to live by in any lifestyle choice. Switching up a bit here, how do the other characters in your debut view you?

JARED: We get along great. We may have a few disagreements now and then, but I’ve known the guys since college and a couple longer. Mitchell Prince works for Knight Enterprises as the chief counsel. Brock Dragon only appears briefly in my story. You’ll get to meet him next year, as well as the others making cameo appearances throughout the series. I guess it all depends on you, sugar.

GRAY: Yes, it does. You bad boys better behave or I’ll give you some of my own version of bondage and discipline. *winks*

JARED: I wouldn’t do that, sugar. Topping from the bottom is something I don’t tolerate. Manipulation by any sub will quickly meet with discipline. Let’s just get back to the questions, shall we?

GRAY: *swallows hard* Yes, Sir. What do you prefer? To spread and hear gossip, or be the creator of gossip fodder?

JARED: Neither. I’m a straight-shooter. I unfortunately trust too much and take what people tell me as the truth. I’ve learned the hard way not believing the ones I love. Gossip doesn’t benefit anyone. Communication, and I mean honest, true exchange of opinions and feelings, is vital in any relationship whether business or personal.

GRAY: I so agree, Sir. What is it about you that will draw readers in?

JARED: My good looks and charming personality, of course. *Grins* If you were to ask Bailey, she’d probably say I make her shiver with my green-eyed look or my deep, commanding voice. Of course, I think the way you write me with a tender heart also is appealing. The readers would enjoy that. Don’t you? *winks again*

GRAY: *blushes* Alrighty then, I think it’s time to shift gears and ask random, innocuous questions.

 

JARED: Fire away, sugar.

GRAY: If you were a color, what color would you be and why?

JARED: Black, but I do like the occasional splash of color, like a bright white T-shirt. Why? Because I like basic color. They are a blank canvas for my tanned skin and green eyes. *Leans back in chair, crosses arms over his chest and the corners of his mouth turn up in a wicked grin* Don’t you agree?

GRAY: *clears throat* Um, I’m supposed to ask the questions, Sir. I think we need to move on. I think I’ll stick with a few lightning speed questions instead. Are you ready?

JARED: Sugar, I’m always ready, are you?

GRAY: *sighs* Okay. Blondes, Redheads, or Brunettes?

JARED: I love all women, but I prefer brunettes, especially the color of Bailey’s. Long and, straight and easy to wrap my fist in.

GRAY: (trying to stay composed) Boxers or Briefs?

JARED: Commando all the way baby, but I’ll occasionally wear boxers if I have a formal affair to attend.

GRAY: (quickly losing composure with that image) Chocolate, Strawberry or Vanilla?

JARED: Those are the only choices? Not fair. If I have to choose, I’ll go with chocolate. Maybe a little whipped cream.

GRAY: A cherry on top too?

JARED: Well now, sugar. I can’t tell you everything. I need some mystery.

GRAY: (mouth still agape) Oh, I…I thought you were, oh never mind. Next one. Soft and Sweet or Up Against the Wall?

JARED: You’re really asking me that? Seriously? Up against the wall…or restrained on the cross with legs spread. Or, maybe bent over my knee. I’d add a blindfold and—

GRAY: Oh, please stop, Sir. This isn’t going well. I’m losing control. Let’s just end the interview with a thank you to Master King for sharing some interesting information for the readers. I know how busy you are and look forward to reading more about you and Bailey in the future.

JARED: My pleasure, sugar. I hope I brought you and the readers a little pleasure today. I always strive to do just that. A little pain combined with the right kind of pleasure is always a good thing.

BLURB:

 

Jared King has hard rules and plays hard with the submissives at Club Tabu. Living the high life the way he wants has caused more problems with his family. His kink lifestyle is an embarrassment to the King family name. He refuses to settle down and fall in-line with what his father wants. Then there’s his childhood friend haunting his dreams, but the woman told him she despises him. Deep down, he’d defend her honor and lay down his way of life for her.

Now what?

Bailey Melchor is a boutique owner and daddy’s little girl, except she wants to succeed on her own, not using his money. She’s had one true love, but she can’t stand him. Their one-time hookup turned into a disaster twelve years ago. They meet again at a friend’s wedding, but after too many glasses of champagne, they wake up in bed together. Not Dallas, but Vegas.

Now what?

 

Excerpt (no more than 300 words) - NAUGHTY

She moaned again from the emotional roller-coaster she was on from the whipping to the uncertainty about his intentions to her father causing unnecessary trouble.

“I didn’t give you permission to speak. You can end this with your safeword, Bailey.”

“No, no I won’t.”

“Very well. Master P told me you want a relationship with me. Actually I think he said you want this marriage.” Jared’s voice was softer, but the flogger didn’t gentle under his command.

Her butt burned. Her arms ached. Somehow, she was at peace, almost like floating in a calm swimming pool. All her senses seemed focused only on the touch of the whip and the sound of Jared’s voice.

“You can answer me. Is that true, sugar? Does Master P know something I don’t?”

Her defenses were falling away. “Yes,” she answered breathlessly. “I want you, Sir. I always have. Do you believe me?”

Jared flicked across her breasts. The stroke shocked her more than raising pain. Her sensitive nipples came to life and hardened immediately. The incredible sensation of pleasure shot straight to her core, throbbing throughout her body. She arched her back, her head fell back. She could hear his heavy breathing, whether from exertion or his own arousal, she wasn’t sure.

He struck her again, and she cried out.

The sudden warmth when he pulled a nipple into his mouth, sucking hard, momentarily stunned her. The exquisite sensation didn’t last long. He pulled back and walked away. From the sound of his boots hitting the wooden floor, she discerned he was behind her again. She braced herself for another round of the flogger, but was surprised when he stepped back into view.

Her mouth dropped open when she saw what he held in his hand.

 

Links to where Master Knight can be purchased:

Secret Cravings Publishing:






Author Bio
“What’s to tell?” Gray Dixon asked. The nom de plume of erotica writer of hot, sexy stories for the adult crowd loves walks along the beach at sunset, a glass of wine over a romantic dinner and a night of love.

On the serious side, she’s married to her Dear Heart for many years, has three children, many grandchildren, a dog, a couple of fish, a big yard with lots of fruit trees, two cars and a house. Ah, the American Dream she loves to describe. She likes a lot of different things, crafts, watching the History Channel, reality shows (not all, but some), travel, and of course writing. She’s worked hard all her life in many interesting fields and enjoyed all of them, but she finally found enough time to relax and enjoy escaping into the worlds she created through her stories. She mainly writes erotica with BDSM elements, and hopes readers will enjoy the tales she weaves.

NOW FOR THE FUN PART!

Follow me for the month of August and comment to be entered to win some Masters of Tabu swag, including a signed copy of Book 1 Master Knight, "leather whip and chain" pierced earrings, bookmark and a little more! Simply leave a comment on any blog where I'm a guest and follow me on at least one of my social networks and you’re entered in my Spotlight Tour for Master King! WINNER CHOSEN AT RANDOM at the end of the tour. Winner will be announced September 1.

See more at my blog Between the Pages of Black and White: http://graydixon.blogspot.com/

Look for this banner on the tour to be entered and read a few excerpts along the way:



 
Master King Spotlight Tour ~ August 2 – 31 Itinerary:

August 2 ~ Dawn’s Reading Nook:  http://dawnsreadingnook.blogspot.com/

August 3 ~ http://mysexysaturday.blogspot.com/ You can go here for a list of all participants or directly to my blog: http://graydixon.blogspot.com/

August 5-8 Isobelle Cate’s Blog:  http://isobellecate.blogspot.co.uk/

August 9 Jennifer Labelle’s Blog:  http://labellebooks.blogspot.com

August 12 Emily Lawrence’s Blog:  http://emilyalawrence88.blogspot.ro/

August 16 Wicked Wolves and Dreaming Dragons Blog: http://wickedwolvesanddreamingdragons.blogspot.com/

August 19 Tina Donahue’s Blog:  http://www.tinadonahue.com/blog

August 24 Erzabet’s Enchantments Blog:  http://erzabetsenchantments.blogspot.com/

August 26 After Dark Writers:  http://www.after-dark-writers.webs.com/

August 26 The Pen & Muse:  http://thepenmuse.net/

August 31 Smile Someone Loves You! Blog:  http://sslyblog.wordpress.com/


==============================================

Well there you have it folks, so leave a comment with your email address' and follow Gray if you have the chance.

Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~
http://www.jenniferlabelle.com
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that was an awesome interview! I have books 1 and 2 in my TBR and can't wait to add this one as well.

    I think I pretty much follow you everywhere ;)

    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview from Ms Gray Dixon and Master Jared King. Reading Jared's story now and he's right. It's sweet and sexy.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having Master King here today to share a little insight into his brain. At least as much as he'd allow me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview. I love reading ones like this.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!! This is definitely on my MUST read list. Thanks so much for the giveaway. Marie melisk1966@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.