Title: Ice Queen
Release date: June 11, 2014
Author: Lindsay Downs
Genre: Suspense, romance, contemporary
Blurb: Military grade weaponry is disappearing from bases all over the world, only to end up in the hands of terrorists and dictators.
Governments are helpless as the threats of being overthrown mount. As a last resort the world leaders turn to The Consortium to bring the biggest arms dealer to justice. They set Special Operative Jessica Sale on the trail of Justin Grey.
Portraying herself as the go to person when a buyer is looking for quantity and quality Jessica easily instills herself into his organization.
Buried deep within the mountains of Wyoming she finds her target and something she didn’t expect-a traitor in the guise of her boyfriend.
With personal feelings aside she charges ahead with the mission. Flying to New York Jessica arranges for monies to be transferred and weapons shipped. Pleased with her work he invites Jessica back to Wyoming except he never makes it home.
Buy link: http://www.amazon.com/Queen-Jessica-Sales-Novel-ebook/dp/B00DGDZK58/ref=la_B007NQAIIS_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1371866539&sr=1-5
1. How long have you been an author? I’ve been writing since 2006, got my first contracts in 2008 and both books were released in 2009.
2. What is your favourite genre? I’ve got two which I love writing-contemporary and regency. I haven’t, to date, yet written a straight romance but always have suspense mixed with romance in the books. Someday I’m going to do an all romance book but I’ve got no idea in which genre.
3. If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend they start with and why? It would depend on the genre the individual likes to read. For contemporary Ice Queen which is now out, but if the reader tends toward regency then I’d suggest Spy Catcher which releases next month from Secret Cravings Publishing. Or if you would rather read stories set during WWII and Vietnam then Love and War would be the book for you.
4. What is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process? That I can’t stop writing. I guess you could say I’m a Writaholic.
5. Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress? By the time this interview is posted I will have finished Book 4 in A Jessica Sales Novel, Rodeo Queen and will be starting on another regency, The Lost Earl.
6. Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. I’m not a big fan of chocolate.
7. Name your top three writing goals? I’ve achieved one-Bestselling author. Now I’d like to make both the USA Today and NYT best seller lists. That’s two, the third is to get better with my writing.
Fun Questions -
1. If you had a warning label, what would it say? Be nice to me or you might end up dead, in one of my novels.
2. If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do? Lady Debbi Overstreet from my regency Spy Catcher. I’d ask her how it felt to finally find her real family after all those years of thinking she was an orphan.
3. What is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done? If I told you I might get arrested so I’ll just keep it my secret.
4. Finally, can you give us your contact links?
A Jessica Sales blog- http://ajessicasalesnovel.wordpress.com/
Murders and Mysteries blog- http://murdersandmysteries.wordpress.com/
Excerpt for Ice Queen-
With a mental brain shake, she lifted her head. As their gazes met she leaned back only to settle her elbows on the bar top. The effect was damn near instantaneous as it helped stretch the flimsy material over her breasts.
His heated smile of approval, she saw, confirmed the distraction was working. While part of her kept him occupied she positioned her booted right foot against the front of the bar. “You got it?” Her voice was soft with a touch of sensual huskiness.
“And more, if you want,” he replied, as he leaned forward to close the distance.
From the bottom of her vision she caught movement as he lifted a hand. She fought back a cringe when he brushed the tips of his fingers along the side of her breast.
“Nope, just what I ordered.” She paused to look him down and up. “Don’t see anything else that I could use,” her voice hardening ever so slightly.
“You sure?” he asked before his thumb drifted toward her peaked nipple.
“Yep, and if you don’t want to sing with the Vienna Boys Choir, I’d suggest you remove your hand. Oh,” she paused to let the words sink into his lecherous brain, “and look down if you don’t believe me.”
Never one to doubt or underestimate a dangerously beautiful woman he dropped his eyes. He could feel them open even wider when he saw a knife point glisten in the weak light of the room, a centimeter from his groin.
“You really are the Ice Queen everyone says you are.” He stepped back, taking his hand with him. “You have the money?”
“Sure am. That’s why I’m so good at what I do.” She saw he was about to say something but silenced him with a glare. “And don’t ask what I do—you might not like the answer.”
When he wouldn’t step back any farther she knew he was someone who liked to be control, not just people but situations. The problem was that wasn’t on her agenda. She had to make him know who was the boss. Without her connections he’d be just one of hundreds of weapons dealers. The only thing he had going for him was his inventory and ease of delivery.
With a menacing gleam in her eyes Jessica brushed the flat side of the tanto blade against the bulge in his pants. She watched as his eyes took on a panic-stricken glaze. Then, with a slow deliberate motion of her hand, more for her pleasure than his, she withdrew the instrument of torture.
She knew round one was hers when she heard a soft sigh of thankfulness that he was still intact slip from between his lips.
With victory hers, confirmed by the unconscious relaxing of his shoulders, in one fluid motion she sheathed the weapon. From the way his eyes still took her in she suspected Justin knew what would happen, especially if he made any sudden movement toward her, the blade would once again appear and cut off more than his manhood.
** One lucky commenter will win an eBook
copy of Ice Queen in their preferred format.
I'd like to thank Lindsay for joining us again. Please follow the blog and leave a comment with your email address' for a chance to win it.
Lindsay will announce her winner on Thursday June 27th.
Lindsay will announce her winner on Thursday June 27th.
~Author Jennifer Labelle~