Title: Be My Alien
Release date: May 8th, 2013
Author: M.A. Church and Julie Lynn Hayes
Genre: m/m paranormal romance
Blurb: Reed Hatcher’s life is work, work, work. He owns a successful men’s boutique in New York City, but a love life is out of the question—for many reasons. It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and business is brisk. On an unexpected visit to the Empire State Building, a sexy man literally falls into Reed’s lap. His name is Taz and he’s just been dumped by his date. One look and Reed is hooked. He offers to buy Taz some coffee and they leave together.
Reed is attracted to Taz and takes him home to his apartment. But Reed discovers there’s more to Taz than he realized—especially when Taz’s stripes begin to show. And he has a tail? Turns out Taz is not quite like Reed. In fact, he comes from another planet, far far away, and he’s only on Earth for a vacation.
Reed never believed in aliens before, but he’s facing one now, and dear God, what is he going to do? Just when he decides he loves Taz and together they can handle anything, the alien that dumped Taz decides he wants him back and steals him away.
Can Reed live with the memory of what he almost had, and the love he found and lost? How can he ever face the moonlit skies again?
1. How long have you been an author? I’ve been writing since I was about nine, and was first published back in the 90’s, in small magazines that no longer exist, which paid in copies of the magazine.
2. What is your favourite genre? I don’t have one. In fact, I kind of like to blur the lines between genres and just write the story that interests me.
3. If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend they start with and why? Revelations. Because it was a long time in the making, and it embodies a lot of me in it, and I like to think it makes people question what they thought they knew.
4. What is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process? It’s fluid and not written in stone. And you can always learn how to do it better.
5. Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress? I am currently writing my first bdsm story, something I’ve never done before. Wyatt is an art student who is house sitting in a rather expensive neighborhood in St. Louis, on a quiet cul-de-sac. Across the street are two men – one older than the other – who draw his attention. He finds the relationship between Shylor and Randy to be odd, but he can’t explain why. Shylor is twenty, half Randy’s age, and is his submissive. He feels trapped with the other man, no way out, but he also doesn’t feel he deserves any more than he gets. I can see now it’s a complicated story, and I’m getting lots of advice from friends who know more about such things than I do.
6. Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. I used to belong to a local chapter of Up With People.
7. Name your top three writing goals? Write more. Make a living at my writing. Write better.
Fun Questions -
1. If you had a warning label, what would it say? Beware of writer – you never know what she might say.
2. If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do? I think it would be Max, and I would just like to hang out with him.
3. What is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done? I can’t tell you that!
4. Finally, can you give us your contact links?
5. My links:
7. Twitter @Shelley_runyon
8. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/julie.l.hayes.7?ref=tn_tnmn
9. My Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3442231.Julie_Lynn_Hayes
12. Museit Up Publishing: http://museituppublishing.com/bookstore2/index.php
13. Dreamspinner Press: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/index.php?cPath=55_222
15. Torquere Press http://torquerepress.com/ (coming soon)
I'd like to thank Julie for joining us. Today she has offered not one, but two winners a chance to win a copy of Be My Alien. So, please enjoy the excerpt below and don't forget to comment with your email address' for the chance to win it!
Julie will announce her winner on Thursday June 6th.
Julie will announce her winner on Thursday June 6th.
“Are you okay? Hello?”
Reed dragged his mind away from those sexy green eyes. “Ah, huh? What?”
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to fall on top of you like that. You see, it was like this. I was pushed, and you just happened to be there and….” The stranger grinned at Reed. “And down we went.”
Reed shifted under the body lying so contentedly on top of him. Hell’s bells, the guy fit against him perfectly. From the feel of things, they were both close to the same height. Which also meant certain things were… aligned. “Oh yeah, I’m okay. Banged my head a little, but I’m fine.”
The stranger bit his bottom lip, his teeth worrying the tender skin. Reed debated slamming his head against the floor a few more times in the hopes of rattling his brain back to normal as the stranger rolled off him.
“I really am sorry.”
“No harm done.” Reed sat up and looked at the guy once again. Well, not much harm, anyway. His libido just had to pick now to perk up, didn’t it? But damn, this guy was sexy. Reed struggled to his feet and held his hand out to the man still on the floor, looking up at him. The guy took his hand and let Reed pull him up. “Name’s Reed. Are you okay?”
“Hi, Reed!” The guy hopped to his feet in a single, lithe movement, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. “My name is Taz. Nice to meet you, and yes, I am.”
For a moment there was a flash in the guy’s eyes that belied his statement. “Good, that’s good. Glad to hear it. Well, I guess I’d better be going—”
A forlorn expression crossed Taz’s face and his pretty eyes clouded. “Oh.”
Reed hesitated. There was something about the guy that pulled at him. When was the last time he’d felt that pull? Way too long ago. Taz was cute, sure. But there was this look of hurt. Dammit, Taz just looked so lost. Insane as it was, he wanted to make it all better.
~Author Jennifer Labelle~