Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Friday, May 24, 2013

Lethal Obsession & An Interview with Shandra Miller...


Title:  Lethal Obsession

Release date: It's been out now since March 1

Author: Shandra Miller

Genre: Erotica/suspense

Blurb: Angela Martin is chief detective for the Moose Creek, N.C., police department, when a possible murder call comes in. At the scene she finds the body of a woman, hanging from hands bound overhead, eyes blindfolded, mouth gagged. Red whip marks crisscross the woman’s buttocks, the back of her legs. She recognizes the scene, knows exactly what happened to the woman before she died, because Det. Angela Martin was bound and blindfolded, gagged and whipped exactly as this woman had been. By a man she met on line.

A killer.

A master whose power over her is so strong she’s willing to risk everything – her career, even her life – to be with him again.

LETHAL OBSESSION is a novel of desire and domination, suspicion and fear, and the mysterious way those emotions mingle into an inescapable pull, one that might cost Angela her life.

Buy link: http://amzn.to/148DO67 for your Kindle

Questions:

1.      How long have you been an author? I've been writing in some form or another since I was a child, probably since I was 10 or so. In terms of writing for publication, I published my first work just last year when I began publishing a series of short erotic tales. Lethal Obsession is my first novel.

2.      What is your favourite genre? I suppose erotica, although I'm really not so much into labels. Lethal Obsession would definitely be considered erotica because of some of the explicit content, but it stands apart from the erotica with a suspense tale of a serial killer on the loose.

3.      If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend they start with and why? Lethal Obsession. I think that gives a better feel for my range as a writer and storyteller. As I said, it's erotica, it's suspense, and it's a tale about a woman coming to grips with her life – things she can't control, things she should control but doesn't want to, learning her own limitations.

4.      What is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process? It’s work! The initial creative process of coming up with a story, of putting the pieces together is a lot of fun, but trying to write well, revising and editing, rereading and rewriting, hammering that first draft into an eventual publishable story takes a lot of energy, time, and effort.

5.      Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress? Well, I'm hip-deep in a sequel to Lethal Obsession. The novel ends on a bit of a cliff-hanger, so I'm working on the follow-up, following the main character, Detective Angela Martin, as she struggles with what happened in Lethal Obsession, how it changed her, and trying up some loose ends.

6.      Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. Oh. That's a tough one. I like to play in the rain? Is that a surprise? Okay, if that's not good enough – hmmmm – I live alone out in the woods? I don't know, I'm really not much of one to keep secrets. Most of the important information I have on my website.

7.      Name your top three writing goals? First I want to become known as a solid, strong writer, someone who is serious about her craft and who works hard at writing and story-telling. Second, I want to break through some boundaries, not be pigeon-holed in one or two genres. I want to write erotica that's really blazing hot, but I want to write chilling suspense stories and fun kid's stories – really stretch myself and become a well-rounded writer. Third, I'd like to eventually make a fulltime living at this.

Fun Questions -

1.      If you had a warning label, what would it say? Volatile, handle with care.

2.      If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do? I'd meet Detective Angela Martin, especially where she is in my sequel, and tell her she's on a path to self-destruction, that she's let the villain in the first novel (Lethal Obsession) continue to hold power over her life the way she's living now, that she needs to forgive herself, focus on the work and move on.

3.      What is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done? Oh. Well. Um. What's the definition of naughty these days? I used to work in a traveling carnival – does doing it with a co-worker off in the shadows of one of the rides, in sight of the public but in an area dark enough where most people really wouldn't be able to tell what we're doing – does that count? What about nearly every night for two weeks?

4.      Finally, can you give us your contact links? Sure. You can find me at http://shandramillerwriter.blogspot.com/, on FB at https://www.facebook.com/shandra.miller.52?ref=tn_tnmn (send me a Friend request!) and at @shandramillerwr on Twitter. Give me a follow and I'll follow you right back.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the interview, Jennifer, I had fun doing it! I hope your readers enjoy it. Oh my gosh, though, I forgot to give you an excerpt! Hope your readers will check out the opening chapter available on the Amazon sample....

    ReplyDelete
  2. If any of your readers have follow-up questions, I'll be glad to answer them here -- just post your questions in the comments folks!

    ReplyDelete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.