Title: Gravity Beach
Release date: May 2013
Author: Lacie Nation
Blurb: Jolie Baker had it all, amazing friends, a college degree, and a man she planned to spend the rest of her life with. When her love is killed in action, Jolie has to learn to live again. Three years after Ethan’s death, she moves to Gravity Beach to start a new life. At her new teaching job, one of her students is surprised when her father returns home from war. Jolie never imagined how important the returning solider and his daughter would become.
David Stokes wants nothing more than to raise his daughter, Madison, and give her the best life he can. Because Madison’s mother abandoned them, David is all she has. When he meets his little girl’s teacher on the beach, he is surprised by how much he wants to know her. David sees the pain in Jolie’s eyes, but will his love be enough to ease her tattered soul?
Buy link: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=products_all&filter_author=46&zenid=d58f13c1cb8d48c43993ac430c25e30c
1. How long have you been an author? I’ve been writing as long as I can remember, but I’ve been published for a couple years.
2. What is your favourite genre? I go through moods. Sometimes I love paranormal. Others I like contemporary. I also LOVE young adult books.
3. If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend they start with and why? Courageous Dare. It is my favorite story and still to this date some of my best writing. It’s packed full of emotion, humor, and passion.
4. What is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process? It’s harder than one would think. Writing is more than putting words on paper. It’s creating a world, characters, and plots that people can relate to. And then putting it out there for everyone to see is another monster in its self.
5. Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress? I don’t have anything that I’m actually working on right now, but I do have a young adult book banging around in my head...with zombies...and a love triangle.
6. Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. I am terrified of the dark. I am not even joking.
7. Name your top three writing goals? For people to love my stories. That really is the only goal. I don’t have to make millions, or be at the top of any list. I simply want to write books that people love to read.
Fun Questions -
1. If you had a warning label, what would it say? Caution: no brain mouth filter.
2. If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do? Oh if you are going to force me to pick just one, I would have to go with Nash Jenson from Courageous Dare. I can’t really say we would do anything naughty LOL. I’d love to simply ride horses with him. I know that sounds lame.
3. What is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done? *Blushes* really? OMG...I’m not giving details, but I will tell you it involved a dive in movie.
4. Finally, can you give us your contact links?
Jolie wanted to say something profound to him. She wanted to tell him how much she loved him. How important he was to her very being. But, when she pressed her hand against his chest every single word left her brain. There was not a single trace of his normal warmth. His chest, normally firm, because he was a muscular man, now was hard to the touch and she could feel the coldness radiating through the thick layers of his uniform. Jolie jerked her hand away and stumbled back. She couldn’t catch her breath. Her heart beat so fast it was painful. She needed air, so she rushed back through the mourning people and crashed through the front doors of the funeral home. The fingers she’s pressed to his chest still felt cold and the chill seemed to be spreading throughout her entire body. Jolie wanted her love back. She wanted her life back. She wanted Ethan.
I live in Columbus, Ga with my fiancée and our dog, Libby. I spend most of my time reading and writing. I write from a very personal place and find that creating a story based off of things I have been through is very cleansing. I am extremely close to my family so I tend to use little quirks that I love from my family members to create characters that are realistic.
I'd like to thank Lacie for joining us today. Lacie is not only a fabulous author, but an amazing person and it's been a pleasure to get to know her. I've been looking forward to reading Gravity Beach for quite a while now, and for those of you who haven't had the pleasure, Courageous Dare is the first in the series, and I promise you won't be able to put it down until you reach the end and are craving more...
Courageous Dare Link: http://www.amazon.com/Courageous-Dare-ebook/dp/B006FLX2N0/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1368491962&sr=1-1
Please leave some comments with your email address' because one lucky winner will be chosen to win an e-book copy of her latest release. Lacie will be announcing her winner on Thurs. May 16th.
~Author Jennifer Labelle~