Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Meet Sherry Gloag's, Deborah Stavely, from No Job For a Woman...


My name is Deborah Stavely and I live in what you, dear readers, call the Regency period. It was a time when those with money or excellent social connections and family lines were not expected to work for a living. Indeed, if they did, or were found out for doing so, they risked ostracization.

My husband was unusual among men of the times, not only was he happy for me to work, but encouraged me to learn how to manage his estates. Later I wondered whether he had a premonition about his death.

Did he also know my brother Freddie, Lord Worth would intercede when two years later my neighbours began threatening me and everything I valued?

If you want to know more, my best-selling author granted my request and wrote my story in her first Regency novel, No Job For a Woman, published by Sweet Cravings Publishings, http://store.sweetcravingspublishing.com/
 
BUY LINKS:
 
 
 
AUTHOR BIO:
Multi-published author, Sherry Gloag is a transplanted Scot now living in the beautiful coastal countryside of Norfolk, England.  She considers the surrounding countryside as extension of her own garden, to which she escapes when she needs "thinking time" and solitude to work out the plots for her next novel.  While out walking she enjoys talking to her characters, as long as there are no other walkers close by.
Apart from writing, Sherry enjoys gardening, walking, reading and cheerfully admits her books tend to take over most of the shelf and floor space in her workroom-cum-office.  She also finds crystal craft work therapeutic.
 
AUTHOR LINKS:
Amazon author page: http://tinyurl.com/buj6zj8
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~
 

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, thank you for inviting me and Deborah to join you today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, nothing is wasted. If it takes you 15 minutes to 'get into the groove' then don't fight it, move the so-called rubbish to a holding file and go back and check it out regularly. You may find you have some good ideas on single liners you can use later in your story.
    As for centering myself, I sit quietly and wait for my characters to arrive. That is if they aren't already haressing me to get my butt in the chair and start working :-) Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.