Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Friday, February 3, 2012

A Place in this Life with Julie Rieman Duck

I'd like to welcome author Julie Rieman Duck to Labelle Books. Today Julie answers our interview questions and gives us a brief glimpse of her new release A Place in this Life.

Welcome Julie,
How long have you been an author?
Julie: I've been writing YA fiction since 2008, but have worked as a copywriter since 1991.

What is your favourite genre?
Julie: I bounce between YA and chick lit. I like real stories - paranormal can be fun, but reality hits home with me. If a story can make me laugh and feel okay about myself, it is a winner.

Awesome, what is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process?
Julie: That characters can take me places I didn't plan on. I've been taken to highs and lows that were not expected, and have found that rather shocking.

I hear you *grins* Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress?
Julie: I am wrapping up a male POV novella, The Joy & Torture of Joshua James, which I hope to make available by late February. I have two other books on submission with NYC editors via my agent, traditional-style.

Congratulations, and good luck with that. If you had a warning label, what would it say?
Julie: That I will "go there" because that is what happens in real life. Sex included.

LOL, If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do?
Julie: Hillman from SWELL (on sub with my agent). He is red-headed, rich and wrong. Nothing more tempting than a diabolical boy. It is a challenge I relish.

I'd like to thank Julie for joining us today. It was a pleasure to learn more about her and her work. For those of you who would like to check out Julie's other work she can be reached through these various sites:
http://www.julieduck.com/
http://www.julieduck.wordpress.com/ (blog)
Goodreads (look up Julie Rieman Duck)
skodobah@yahoo.com (email)

A Place in this Life,
For Natalie Miller, it’s just another family vacation. For someone else, it’s the opportunity he’s been waiting for.

With only a single peck from a guy named Frank, Natalie’s anything but experienced with boys. But when Todd pops out of the water, says hi, and tells Natalie he has leukemia, all of that changes.

She’s never had attention like this from a boy, let alone one who’s a real charmer with sex on the brain and the experience to match. Drawn to Todd like a magnet, Natalie gives him her friendship, her love, and her body. Even when she’s tempted by gorgeous, healthy schoolmate Alex, Natalie’s desire to love and care for Todd pushes her to see how far love can go in spite of the potential for death of the relationship — and death of the one she loves.

BUY LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Place-This-Life-ebook/dp/B005P9FW54

GET YOUR COPY TODAY!
Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~
http://www.jenniferlabelle.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.