Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Welcome New Author Sara Trimble

I'd like to welcome newbie author Sara Trimble to Labelle Books today. Sara will be on the blog both today and tomorrow with and interview, a guest post, and a giveaway to one lucky commenter. So, please make sure to follow the blog, and leave your email address as you comment for a chance to win. The winner will be announced on Dec. 14

Sara Trimble is new to the world of publishing, though not to writing. She has one published novel, two in the final revisions and a stack of stories ready to work on. She's also venturing out of her comfort zone of Romance to work on a new suspense novel, she hopes to have done by December 1st. When she isn’t writing, Sara spends her time with her three children, wonderful fiance Justyn, spending time with friends, and just enjoying life. You can find her at her website http://www.sararimble.com, follow her blog at http://saratrimble.wordpress.com, Tweet her at http://www.facebook.com/saradtrimble, or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/authorsaratrimble. She loves to hear from her readers so send her an email at saratrimble@saratrimble.com. If anyone is participating in NaNo, feel free to buddy her at youngmomx3. Don't forget to check out the new movie trailer for her debut paranormal romance, Heart Over Mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws0EXm5tsI8


Welcome Sara,


How long have you been an author? Sara: I've been writing since I was little. I used to dream of being a newspaper journalist or work for a magazine, even though I'd always had a passion for writing stories. When I got pregnant with my first son in 2004, I had to quit work due to health problems. January 2, 2005 I entered the hospital at six months pregnant and having contractions. My doctor kept me for five days and ordered me to find something to do to ease my stress, and keep me from going crazy, as I wasn't allowed out of bed. This is when I started my first story. I've been writing ever since.

Congratulations Sara. I'm sorry to hear about the complications that occured, but I'm glad to hear that you took a bad situation and made the best of it. Your first novel Heart Over Mind is certainly a great read. What is your favourite genre?
Sara: I'm an avid reader of everything but if I had to name my favorite genre, it'd have to be romance.

That's awesome, what's the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process?
Sara: That your work isn't finished just because you've completed a first version. There's still multiple edits, finding an agent(if you use one), selecting and querying a publishing house, marketing and much more!

Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress?
Sara: Sure. I'm venturing from romance to work on a suspense/thriller about an FBI agent who's called to the bayous of Louisiana to investigate the disappearance of over fifteen teenage girls. She stumbles into a world of trouble as the scenario gets more and more serious. Soon, her life is on the line. She has to tread carefully to save the three remaining girls, keep an innocent man from being sent to prison and not get killed in the process. I hope to have this story finished by January 1st.

Wow, it sounds great. If you had a warning label, what would it say?
Sara: Warning: Sarcasm at work.

LOL, if you could choose to time travel, would you go backward or forward, and why?
Sara: I would love to travel back in time, from any era, ranging from the 1700s to the 1960s. (I'm only 26 for those of you wondering why I'd only go back forty years.)

I'd like to thank Sara for answering our questions today. She leaves us with a hot excerpt from her debut Novel Heart Over Mind. For those of you who love a good paranormal romance I suggest you check out my review below as well:

Blurb:
Nala gets life-altering news. She has a family, and more than one secret power. Even worse is that she also has a mad man seeking to kill her. Gabriel arrives and promises to protect her. With him around, she may be safe from Broncestan, but her heart is in danger of breaking.

Gabriel makes it clear from day one that he's not interested in a relationship. Despite the fact that sparks fly whenever he and Nala touch, he wants to focus on the one thing that matters to him. His job. It's too bad that Nala's determined not to let that happen. And when multiple signs point to their being together as Fate deems right, Gabriel wonders if he's fighting a losing battle.

Jennifer's Review:

Nala lost her parents tragically at the age of four. Since then she's had to fend for herself in the foster care system, and despite all odds succeeds to be a successful psychiatrist. She's got special abilities though she doesn't fully comrehend until Gabriel arrives and life as she knows it changes for good. She has family she never knew exsisted, and more than one hidden power arrises. There's an instant chemistry with Gabrielle, and she wants him to be more than just her sexy protector. There's one downfall though, she soon finds out that there's a powerfull mad man who seeks to kill her.
Gabrielle brings her back home with him where he knows she'll be safest. Despite his growing attraction, he's determined to do his job. Nala has other plans though, and it's hard to avoid her charms. Fate steps in and multiple signs draw them together in the end. But, will it be the forever they both want together, or will fate change it's course by letting the bad guy win?

I didn't know what to expect when I began reading Heart Over Mind. Sara Trimble is a new author to me and I was pleasantly surprised. This novel drew me in almost immediately and I didn't want it to end once I finished. I would have liked to see a little more about Nala's parents in the beginning though, but otherwise it was amazing. Definitly grab a copy if you can.

BUY LINK: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/88851?ref=SaraTrimble

Excerpt:
“I love you Nala.”
She looked up at him and knew he meant it.
“And I love you. Will you make me yours now?”
Reaching down, he spread her legs and slipped one finger inside. “God, you're so wet.”
Nala begin to squirm as he sped up his ministrations. Pressure built as he pleasured her. She tried to stop him but he pushed her hands away.
“Let go.”
She surrendered to the feelings. A scream exploded from her throat as she climaxed. When she came down, she noticed Gabriel looking down at her.
“That was great.”
Gabriel gave her a feral grin. “That's nothing compared to what's next.”
He slid into her, letting her adjust before going deeper. He groaned in ecstasy as he moved in and out, gaining speed but holding back so he would not hurt her. Nala gasped and sobbed at the feelings he evoked. She went higher with every thrust and was just about to fall over the edge when Gabriel stopped. Nala followed her instincts and moved her hips, rocking against him.
“Nala, you have to stop.”
She heard the strained words and felt the strength of his hands at her waist, but kept going.
“In a minute.”
She could feel it building. Her breath came in pants as the first ripples started.
“Open your eyes.”
She obeyed his command. Her eyelids felt heavy as she forced them to open against the pleasure. When Gabriel started to glow a pale white, Nala gasped. She looked at her own hands in surprise. She was glowing too.
“Gabriel, what's happening?”
He smiled. “It's the mating ritual I told you about. Look over there.”
Nala followed the sound of increasing mumbles. A group of see-through figures hovered over the floor, staring right at them as they spoke in a strange language. They started to move closer. Nala squirmed to get out from underneath Gabriel.
“Let me up. I don't want anyone seeing us.”

Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~
http://www.jenniferlabelle.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for sharing a excerpt =)

    reginamayross@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.