Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Timing Is Everything, with Drea Becraft



I'd like to welcome back Drea Becraft to Labelle Books. Today Drea's back in the hot seat while she answers our questions, and treats us with an excerpt from one of her new releases - Timing Is Everything.


Welcome Drea,


How long have you been an author?
Drea: Almost a year which to me is astounding lol. It has passed so quickly.


It does doesn't it? What is your favourite genre?
Drea: To read paranormal to write contemporary.


Two of my favoourite's as well. Can you tell us what is the biggest surprise you’ve discovered about the writing process?
Drea: The promo and other things that go with writing a book. It takes as much time, if not more, to promo a book as it does to write it.


Promoting can be quite time consuming, I agree but completely worth it in the end. Can you tell us about one of your current works in progress?
Drea: I am still in the editing phase of The Real Saint Nic, my christmas paranormal, I am self pubbing this one so I am working really hard to get it just right.


Best wishes then, I hope everything works out. Now, if you had a warning label, what would it say?
Drea: Caution no filter. I often don't filter what happens in my brain from coming out of my mouth. Most people love it because you know where you stand with me while other think I need more...well poise I guess is the word.


If you had the chance to meet one of your characters privately, who would it be and what would you do?
Drea: I honestly don't know most of my characters are a little to much like people I know so it really wouldn't be a stretch LOL!


Okay then, tell us what is the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done?
Drea: Sex wise or behaviour wise. I am going to have to go with sex on a pool table during a party...but I have to add the party was upstairs while the pool table was down and I was a teenager. Those things just don't happen anymore lol.


Sounds like fun..lol Now for the last question, if you could choose to time travel, would you go backward or forward, and why?
Drea: Forward just to make sure that my kids are okay. I don't want to change my past everything that has happened to me has happened for a reason and has made me the girl you see today. Other then wanting to be a bit richer I like that woman ;0)


I'd like to thank Drea for coming out today for those of you who would like to learn more about Drea and her work she can be reached on her website: http://dreabecraft.com
on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dreabecraft ,you can like her on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Drea-Becraft/103481939716429 , and she's also on Google + :
https://plus.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wX#113647974282543351993/posts

Here's a glimpse of her new release Timing Is Everything. Don't forget to buy your copy today!


Blurb:


Mandy only wanted one thing in life–to have a family. With no other options available to her, Mandy seeks out to adopt a child to call her own. Then a favor for a friend turns her world upside down and inside out.

Dmitri is on a mission to expand his business, but when his ex drops their baby on his doorstep for him to raise, Dmitri’s plans start to venture into unknown territory. If it weren’t for Mandy, his whole world would be in shambles.

Both Mandy and Dmitri have their own crosses to bear but Dmitri can’t imagine life without her. In a situation neither of them planned on, can they get past their differences and find happiness together?



~*Excerpt*~

“I have eight hours before we leave.”
“It takes at least an hour to get there, add in the cavity search you have to go through, and baggage check and you’re going to be lucky if you make it on time if you leave right now.” As if on cue the buzzer arming the front doors went off as Tim’s face filled the small screen in the corner of Sasha’s desk. “Looks like hubby’s here so time to go.”
“If you need anything you’ll call me, right?”
“Not unless there isn’t other option.”
“You can call me anytime.” At the door Sasha entered her pin number into the key pad and pushed the door open slightly.
“It’s your honeymoon. Go have fun and don’t worry about work. Everything’s under control.” Making a shooing motion with her arms, Mandy smiled at Tim as he opened the door and stuck his head in giving her a wink.
“You heard the woman, it’s our honeymoon. Besides, I plan on keeping you too busy to even remember your name, let alone who you work for.” Kissing his wife on the cheek before grabbing her hand, Mandy watched as the two left the office without another word.
Despite her anger over the wedding she should’ve been at, Mandy really did like Tim. The love he showed for her friend was one she envied and hoped some man would share with her one day. Until then she’d watch the love those two shared and be as happy as she could for them both.
Hours later Mandy sat at her computer when the buzzer filled the office. Turning to look into the monitor, the site of a lady with a carrier filled the screen. Pushing the button to allow her to enter, the cries of a baby filled the office before either mother or child entered the space. Once inside Mandy was struck by the site of the woman as the door closed behind her.
“Can I help you?” Raising up from behind the desk, Mandy looked down at the baby covered in a pink blanket.
“Yeah, I’m here to drop this off.”
“Sure, I can take that envelope for you.” Holding out her hand for the envelope in the woman’s hand, Mandy waited patiently for it to be handed over.
“Not the envelope you twit, the baby.” Lifting the carrier up onto the counter, the woman set the envelope on the desk beside it.
“Excuse me? Did you just say the baby?”




Best wishes,

~Author Jennifer Labelle~

http://labellebooks.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.