Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Second Chance Love: Sunday Snippet to Celebrate it's PRINT Release!

I'm delighted to share with you all that Second Chance love is now available in PRINT, and to help celebrate I've decided that I'd like to post a few snippets over the next few days. I hope you enjoy them!

Blurb:

Goody, goody Teegan Hallowell was tired of being teased for following the rules. So, when her brother’s sexy friend shows an interest, she rebels, and learns all about the good kind of bad.

Now ten years later, Teegan returns home to escape a horrible mistake, but wonders if she’s made an even bigger one by returning. There was a reason she left Digby, when her dreams shattered and the man she loved betrayed her. So when she realizes she’s still in love with him, matters become complicated when he reveals her reason for leaving him was all in vain.

Liam Bates has every intention of loving Teegan again, but she’s had it rough and he needs to rebuild her trust. The spark is still there, and as they explore what once was, their love is tested when Teegan disappears, and Liam will stop at nothing until he finds her again.

BUY LINK: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=4&products_id=115

Excerpt #1: (Rated PG)

Liam was even better looking than she imagined. With light brown locks that curled just at the nape of his neck, he had gorgeous blue eyes that she could get lost in. He was a man who treated his body right. Tall, with broad shoulders that met a lean muscular chest, and what looked like six pack abs hiding nicely awaiting her discovery. She just barely resisted the urge to rip open his button down shirt to get a better view. He was gorgeous.
It was a beautiful clear night, and they had the pier to themselves. Fishing boats docked on either side, the moon was full, and she had the sudden urge to walk along the waterfront to dip her feet in the water. "I guess it's a good thing James got me to tag along." She smiled at him. James had ditched them almost immediately to find a quiet spot to get reacquainted with Susan.
"I agree." He smiled back. "It doesn't surprise me that they ditched us though. When those two get together nobody matters but the other." He winked, making Teegan laugh.
"I think what they have is amazing. Anyone would be lucky to have a spark like the two of them carry for one another. They've got great chemistry and an obvious sexual attraction. They can't keep their hands off of each other. I'm just thankful they waited until I wasn't around to act on them. In the car it looked like a close call a couple times." She shuddered, and this time he laughed.
She stopped, and twirled around with her arms spread wide. "Don't you just love it here? Everything is so beautiful." Bending over she took off her shoes and socks. "Care to join me?" She ran towards the water and squealed when the cold hit her toes.
"You're full of questions suddenly," Liam teased. "I do love it here actually. I love fishing, boating, and swimming. Maybe I should take you whale watching sometime."
"I'd love to."
"I'm glad. You know I haven't smiled like this in a long time. I like you, Teegan."
"And I like you, Liam, What took you so long?"
"For what?"
"Well, I've been single and dateless for months." She shrugged, "I guess I just wish that we'd met sooner."
"Well, that is a shame. You're too beautiful to be dateless. I guess I'll have to remedy that for the next little while." He stepped towards her, right at the edge of the water.
"Well," she beckoned, "I'm awfully lonely over here."
"Really?" He hopped on one foot and then the other as he removed his shoes and socks. "I'd hate for you to be lonely, Sunshine." He stood in front of her, pulling her into his embrace. He wrapped his arms around her mid section and kissed her forehead.
"Sunshine? I'm not sure that I like that nickname.”
"Why not? You've certainly brightened my day, but I can think of a new one if you don't like it." He took a strand of her long blonde hair between his fingers and twirled it. "Your hair has gold highlights in it. Sunshine suits you, Teegan."
"Well, when you put it that way—" Her heart beat quickened, her face flushed, and she held her breath as he moved his face closer. "Liam."
"Yes?" His lips stopped short of touching hers.
"Please kiss me," she whispered, raising her hand and brushing her fingers through his hair pulling him the last inch. Their lips touched, mouths opened, and tongues met with an equal desire. Swept away with the moment he lifted her and as she put her legs around his mid section, Liam seemed to slip. She screeched, and then laughed as she landed in the cold water. "Well big guy, the cool down was nice and all, but I think I need you to warm me up again."


Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~
http://www.jenniferlabelle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.