Book Reviews now accepted through The Book Escape E-zine. Please contact Jennifer at: thebookescapemag@gmail.com with your blurb, release date, author name, and publisher. Thank you!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Giving in!

Welcome to my very first blog post. Okay, so I've blogged before, as a guest on someone else's blog, but have never decided to take the plunge to actually open one myself. Life is hectic in general, and well, being a writer is hard enough work between family life, your job, juggling the kids and a home, not to mention your published work and promoting as much as possible to get your name out there. There's also, the countless works in progress that are just screaming to get out onto the page, and there never seems to be enough hours in the day to get it all done. Hence why I've never had my own blog until now.

Why did I finally give in you wonder?

Well, it's simple...
I finally realized that blogging means exposure. I know, obvious, right? I guess I always realized it, but just kept putting it off for some reason. I mean do people really want to hear what I have to say, or even care. I certainly hope so...lol

I love my work. Reading and writing is a big part of my life. I enjoy it, and I'm trying to make a name for myself, make myself recognizable upon the millions of other ridiculously talented authors in the world. I've met quite a few in fact since I've become published, and am that much more blessed because of their support, kindness, and friendship.

I love my family, I try to love life, and I love to read and write whenever time permits it. So there you have it, and here I am. My name is Jennifer Labelle. I was first published in February 2011 and I now have eight contracts, with three available releases now and the other five to be released shortly. Welcome to my blog!

10 comments:

  1. Love the site! welcome to the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEautiful blog, Jennifer. Wanted to follow but couldn't find a connection for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can subscribe to your email at the top of the blog on the right hand side, or you can click on the "Join this site" button right above the followers listed on the right hand side towards the bottom. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done! Looks great and I'd definitely say a blog is a necessity for a writer, even more so than a website because a blog allows you to interact with your readers and is much easier to keep them updated this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks E. and great point. I'm not really sure why I waited so long, but I'm glad I did. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mean I'm glad I started one. *Smiles* Welcome everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new Blog and Good Luck. I'll check in when I'm not busy with life, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Labelle Books has put comments on moderation due to some recent SPAM.

Please be patient and keep the comments coming. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check in frequently. We've got giveaways on a weekly basis and tons of great talent to share.